Stonefly lodge Frequently asked questions:
1. Can we bring tents, RV's or other sleeping accommodations if our occupancy exceeds 30 people?
No, unfortunately the county regulates cabin rentals strictly and occupancy is determined by a number of things including size of the septic system and water wells. We can not allow groups larger than 30 due to county regulations.
2. What is the bed configuration and are linens provided?
Please see the floor plans page for details. Note if it shows a queen bunk these are queen over queen bunks with a pull out full size mattress underneath. Linens are provided with extras in the closets.
3. Is the kitchen fully stocked?
Yes, our kitchen is fully stocked with all the dishes and cookware you need including 2 griddles, 2 crock pot, blender, popcorn maker, hand mixer, paper towels and foil/saran wrap products. We have one booster seat for children.
4. Do you have a Blu Ray player?
Yes, it is located in the theater room.
5. Do you have high speed internet?
Yes, the wep key is located in the white binder in the cabin.
6. Are laundry detergents provided?
It's best to bring your own just in case. We require HE detergents.
7. Are condiments or coffee provided?
Coffee is always stocked. Condiments vary, we don't guaranty they are there but you are welcome to use whatever is in the fridge.
8. Do you have a child's crib?
Yes, there are always two pack n play's at the cabin in the study by the front door.
9. Are the items to play outdoor games at the cabin i.e. volleyball, horse shoes, badminton?
Yes, these items are located in the laundry room downstairs.
10. Is firewood provided for the fire pit?
No, we do not provide fire wood but you can purchase bundles at the local grocery store.
11. Do you provide or rent boats, tubes, ATV's, snowmobiles?
No, we do not provide or rent these items however our Things To Do Pages will provide you places that do.
12. Is the river swimmable?
Yes, but it's more fun to float it in inner tubes. It's very calm however life jackets are recommended for safety. If you are looking for a place to swim with kids we suggest Ashton Reservoir or the local swimming pool in Ashton which is located at the city park on Cherry Street. Call ahead to the local pool as they have limited operating hours.
13. What fly or bait should I use for fishing?
Call Drake the owner, he's the fly fishing guru. 801-706-6255
14. Is there a grocery story nearby?
Yes, there is a small grocery store in Ashton for all the staples but if you want more variety and better pricing we suggest you stock up in Idaho Falls, Rexburg, or St. Anthony (Broulim's).